Saturday, November 14, 2009

Umm, What the Heck?



Since the Kills have garnered more media attention, something has been bothering me. Fear of one of my favorite bands getting great success? Heck, no. I'm all for great music being heard by as many people as possible, even if that means I'll have to lose alot of cash for show tickets. I'm just tired of people talking about Alison's "transformation." Sure, she was in punk/hardcore for a while, but she was a teenager then. Those years usually contain skewed world views, confusion and drama for everyone. Her hair, clothes and music are different because people grow and change. My thoughts on life from my 7th grade diary do not define the way I live my life now. I'm glad that there aren't many photos of me from that time. *cringe* I don't understand why anyone would think that she has to have a choppy, boyish haircut and sing punk/hardcore just because she did that when she was fifteen. She's had long hair and a wicked rock n' roll style since way before the media noticed the Kills. She is not making a publicity stunt. She not copying other rockers. She's just being who she is. And she has become a grown up (Personally, I would never want to trap myself in the mind-set I had as a teen forever. I never liked being a youth. I'm glad those days get farther and farther behind me!)

Whatever people are saying, the Kills rock. I can't wait to hear their fourth album.

5 comments:

Pause said...

People never seem to want others to grow. There is so much comfort in the same I guess.

Anonymous said...

good....................................................................................................

Sukaina said...

I agree with you.
Indie snobs are annoying.

I think has something very Joan Jett about her, but, she is (dare I say) more innovative and sexier than Joan Jett.

Emmet Garage said...

i saw them play in Dublin 2006. They open for Iggy Pop. Alison is beautiful girl....when i 1st saw her. She is always stay like that with girl fane base.

Anonymous said...

I remeber when I saw the kills, it was AMAZING!I thought alison was amazing then, and I think its so cool how shes in the dead weather now too. Also seeing Bat for Lashes soon, another amazing girl, cannot wait!!!
H
xoxox