Friday, March 25, 2011

imge from Atlantis Home

I don't know if I've just been feeling lazy, or I just need a change, but I miss wearing baggy jeans.  In middle school, I dressed quite gender neutral.  Unfashionably so.  I'd adopted the boyish perspective that clothes needed to make me decent and function for my skateboarding hobby.  Years later, when I started this blog, I started mixing men's and women's wear much more fashionably.  I thought skinny jeans would be my staple for the rest of my life.  They're slim, they don't drag on the ground and pick up icky germs, they can be worn with long flowing tops or band tee shirts, and quirkily (yet working) with a dress. 
    
 I remember my old baggy jeans with holes in the knees that my feet went through every time I got dressed.  They were so comfortable, so perfect. 
    
A few weekends ago I ventured to a thrift store to buy some loose jeans.  I've found that old Gap boot cut jeans work well.  They're boot cup and modern boot cut styles were nearly straight legged in the past.  Cutting a few inches off the bottom eliminates the flare.  Buying them a size up and cuffing them over my ankles haphazerdly, yet purposfully, makes for a very comfortable pair a jeans.  I can't wait to wear them with sandals and flats when Spring finally decides to come .

*Fun Fact - Thrift stores have been upping the prices on nicer mechandise.  They ought to hire a consultant (like me) to make sure that they catch the right brands.  At the store I went to, Banana Republic jeans were $18, AKA too much  .My Gap jeans were $6.50.  I luckily found a loose straight pair of Current Elliot jeans at the same place.  They were only $3.50. 

Sea of Shoes

Karla's Closet


No comments:

Blog Archive